Winter Anime 2011 Picks



*So, it's about that time again. January is like a few weeks away, so before I'm swamped with schoolwork, I may as well pick out the anime of interest coming out this Winter.



Wolverine

What It Is: Wolverine is the second part of the Marvel Anime series, where Marvel's most popular characters are reinterpreted for a Japanese audience. This one centers around Wolverine during one of his trips to Japan.

Why I'm Interested: 'Cause it's a Marvel anime, mainly. Wolverine isn't exactly one of my favorite characters. But, each series appears to lead into one another, so there you go.



Infinite Stratos

What It's About: Japan engineered an armed powered exoskeleton "Infinite Stratos" (IS) and it became the mainstream of weapons. Since only women can operate IS, women dominate the society over men. Orimura Ichika is a 15 year old boy and accidentally touches an IS placed in the IS pilot training school. He is found to be the only man who can operate IS and forced to enter the training school. Ichika's busy school life surrounded by girls has begun.(MAL)

Why I'm Interested: Admittedly, I'd like this series a lot more if it were a complete Pink Bishoujo Ghetto, as series with more females than males can get harem-ish. Still, the trailer looked REALLY cool, so I'll give the series one or two episodes.



Cardfight!! Vanguard

What It Is: TV anime based on the game that is a collaboration between Yu-Gi-Oh! R manga creator Akira Ito, the original Duel Masters technical advisor Satoshi Nakamura, and Bushiroad President Takaani Kidani. (Chart)

Why I'm Interested: Hoping for another card game to supplement Yu-Gi-Oh! when I'm tired of playing that. It's that simple.



Freezing!!

What It Is: Set in a slightly futuristic world where Earth has been invaded and is at war with aliens from another dimension called the Nova, the story follows the adventures of a Japanese boy named Kazuya Aoi who enrolls for training at a special school for genetically modified girls called Pandoras who battle the aliens, and their male partners, called Limiters, who use a special power called "freezing" to limit their opponent's mobility. The protagonist makes the acquaintance of an unusual older girl named Bridgette L. Satellizer who appears to be the most powerful Pandora in her class, but has not yet chosen a male partner to be her Limiter, and in spite of the warnings of all his friends, he decides to be her Limiter. (MAL)

Why I'm Interested: I have a feeling this story's kinda weak, but the base concept is nice and I liked the manwha (Korean manga), so I'll follow this 'till it gets lame, or they cancel it.



Danball Senki

What It Is:
A robot fighting anime based on a video game sharing the same title.

Why I'm Interested: I love the design of the robot, and the idea of kids controlling sentient toys that can battle each other is very Medabots-ish. The only thing that disappoints me is America never getting the PSP game. I usually enjoy anime versions of this stuff more, though.

Hm. That's five series, not counting Fairy Tail and any older series I decide to watch with it. Should be plenty considering my workload for the next semester. I'll take it. At least, until the Spring season hits with the twice this. >_<

*Because apparently I HAVE to say it, the chart's obviously not mine. I don't care enough to build something like that, and I don't possess the kanji knowledge for it either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A