Summer Anime 2009 Picks





There's the list for this season. I'm a little late, since I usually have my picks out several weeks prior to any premieres, but as it is I believe a few of these are already out. Oh well. Click the image to see the series and their descriptions.



For those at home paying attention, Summer--much like Winter--are the "off" seasons. Most shows tend to run for 26 or 52 episodes, which means the major seasons are always Spring and Fall. Still, if you look carefully, you can find interesting stuff anyway--which is why I'm posting this!

Weiss Survive

Why I'm Interested:
I'm a sucker for card games, I admit it. Weiss Survive is quite the interesting program, though I've yet to watch it. Its apparently a parody of card game anime (which can defnitely be warranted sometimes, even if I do like them), that's sixteen eps total, and only two and a half minutes long.

How Long Am I Keeping It Around:
Eh...at 2 minutes, 30 seconds, for good. Basically I normally leave 5 episodes in unless its great, but at that many episodes here--I'd be done with 12 minutes of a series that's only 40 minutes long. No sense in quitting 1/4th of the way in, I think.

Element Hunters

Why I'm Interested:
The base idea. Not only original, but interesting. Chemical elements vanishing from Earth? There's no shortage of story potential for something like THAT. And I already love stories with multiple planets.

How Long Am I Keeping It Around: No idea. Depends on how well written the plot is (I know, hilarious isn't it?). If its good enough to take my mind off how those outfits look and how much I dislike anorexic character design like the one in the promo pic, I'll keep watching it.

Princess Lover

Why I'm Interested:
Honestly? The promo picture just looks cool. Today I'm that shallow. The knight chick in the background looks cool, so this is what I'm going on at the moment.

How Long Am I Keeping It Around: This all depends. This won't be an action series, so my interest has a limit. I'll do my best to--as always--check out the first five episodes. If it turns out to be amusing enough with a wide array of characters, I'll definitely keep it around. One doesn't want to get stale sticking with action anime all the time.

Spice and Wolf II

Why I'm Interested:
Saw the first season, well, part of it, during its initial airing. Really excellent work, and I hoped to see more of it. That said, I didn't FINISH it, so that should answer the second question...

Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou

Why I'm Interested:
Can't help liking modern-day shows involving magic. Something about the incongruence of them that make me interested. Anyhow, unlike the other modern-day magic show I saw a while back, this one sounds entertaining, and its quite intriguing that all the main characters appear to female, too.

How Long Am I Keeping It Around: They'd have to SERIOUSLY screw it up for me not to try and watch this entire thing. No joke. Love the character designs, like the genre, like the base idea...they'd have to go against all my expectations for me to not want this.

Ah well. Anyhow. Only 4 series. May actually be able to follow them all this time. Huh. Sweet.

Next feature should have something to do with games. We'll see. Right now I wanna sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A