Music Video of the Day - m-flo - miss you (feat. Ryohei Yamamoto and Melody.)

Okay, so I can't remember if I've said or not, but I'm actually quite the fan of Japanese hip-hop. The first time I heard it I admit I was tripping at the idea of hip-hop being done in the language I normally watch anime in, but I liked it. But I really didn't pay much attention to them until I copped their Astromantic album a full year later, like around the end of Fall Semester when I was a Junior in HS.

There was something about the album, what my life was like back then, and just the whole "mood" of the winter season that all just clicked for me, and I ended up playing that thing for a month and a half. School, in transit, home--wherever--I was rocking m-flo's third album...

But I never would've done it if THIS song hadn't hooked me.


This was during the time where I wasn't really hearing no music that ain't come off my mom's gospel station or from my CD Player/hard drive. I was so sick of all the new stuff, which was so boring, so this song really struck a chord with me. There was a certain old-school-ness to this song that I loved from the very first line. Listen, maybe you'll see my meaning.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A