(Live) Video of the Day - Sara Bareilles: Bottle It Up

Bet you didn't see THIS coming, huh? Like a lot of people, I started liking Sara Bareilles (always forget that first e in her last name...) when she got Love Song onto that Rhapsody commercial--I decided I just had to have her album, so I went out and got it...absolutely fantastic stuff.

She's got this really powerful, almost soulful voice that comes across clearly in every song she sings. I don't know what she's going to do for her sophomore outing, but Little Voice was one of the best albums of 2007, and one of the best albums I have.

I hesitate to call it "pop music" because I don't really feel its that. I don't really want to call it Folk music because its not that either. I don't know how to classify it. But I love singers who know their way around a piano (like Sara or Alicia), and have strong, powerful voices (see previous parenthetical notation).

Anyway, let me shut up, 'cause this live is too good for you to waste your time focused on my yakking.



I think I love her live performance even more than I do the album version! These days, that says a LOT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A