Pull List 24: In a move surprising everyone...



Resurrection Man
Writer: Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning
Artist: Fernando Dagnino



A cult favorite character returns in a new series written by his classic creative team of Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning. Joining them is JUSTICE LEAGUE: GENERATION LOST artist Fernando Dagnino. RESURRECTION MAN #1 is the story of a hero who wakes up with new powers each time he’s killed.


...This, is a real blast from the past. I actually started reading comics just around the time the first Resurrection Man came out. The concept intrigued me but it cost enough just to keep up with the series I read at the time--I simply couldn't afford to buy another comic every month.

But it seems DC, in it's "infinite wisdom", has decided to bring back this character. Same powers, same writers from when the title was first released, and although the artist is new, I like what I've seen of his work. LOVE Dan and Andy--they created my favorite Legion run, and spear-headed Marvel's cosmic characters for four years. The talent on this book is not questioned, so I'm definitely willing to give this series a shot--and anyone else that likes comics should be too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A