Pull List 2: This book is chart-topping. I'm ROFLing already.

After their monumental decision to reboot all of their characters, DC follows a day of silence with the announcement of several new comics that will exist in their new universe.

So, of course, I'm back to see about which titles I'll be reading when they're actually released in three months time. First up?



Aquaman
Writer: Geoff Johns
Artist: Ivan Reis


This comic will be gorgeous. I love Ivan Reis' work--I have since Geoff first dragged him onto Green Lantern years ago. One of the greatest artists in comics today with an amazing eye for detail, seeing him tackle the beautiful undersea world of Atlantis will be a joy to read month in and month out.

My only qualms about a comic book like this is actually the writer. Lately, Johns hasn't actually stayed on most of his titles for longer than a year or two at most. I don't want to see that happen with Aquaman, who really *needs* someone to stay on the title at least as long as he has Green Lantern. Long-form storytelling that expands the Aquaman's universe, so someone who spends as much time as I do on comics can tell you more than two (recurring) villains when you ask about the guy.

Still, if he manages to get a solid three years on the book, I'll shut up. Also, it'll be hilarious to see Aquaman sell in the Top 10 for a few months.

Back with a few other choices in a sec.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A