Pull List 20:



Catwoman
Writer: Judd Winick
Artist: Guillem March


Meet Catwoman. She’s addicted to the night. Addicted to shiny objects. Addicted to Batman. Most of all, Catwoman is addicted to danger. She can’t help herself, and the truth is – she doesn’t want to. She’s good at being bad, and very bad at being good. Find out more about what makes Catwoman tick in CATWOMAN #1, written by Judd Winick and illustrated by Guillem March.


For the curious, Guillem March did that cover. I like his art style, and normally I'd follow that (as I have with so many others) with my saying that I'm a huge fan of the writer as well.

...But Judd Winick has a habit of getting in his own way, often a decent story can be weakened by the attempt at being relevant or edgy. Still, I've always wanted to read a Catwoman book--particularly since hers got canceled not long after OYL five years ago. And from what I hear, the last story he did--Justice League: Generation Lost, worked out rather well.

...Gonna need her to zip that costume up, though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A