Life ST 2013 Day 20: Childish Gambino - Telegraph Ave. (Oakland)




Because the Internet wasn't what anyone expected, if I had to guess.  Personally I think Gambino got so caught up in the instrumentals of his album that he forgot to rap for most of the album.  Even this song is roughly 70/30 singing, but it gets a major pass because the instrumentals don't overwhelm the vocals and sonically it's just amazing to listen to.   When I think about it it's even more heartbreaking than LES; at least that relationship was mostly meaningless.  

I'm posting this from the future (future...future....) so I can't honestly say if this is my favorite song off the album yet--I know I like BTI but as far as what REALLY sticks out there's nothing as overpowering as Heartbeat or LES just yet.  I DO know this probably hit closer to what he intended for the album for me than most of the rest of the album.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A