Song(s) of the Day: Michael Jackson Tribute Edition

Was going to hook you guys up with Masami Okui's Key today for my Song, but as said before, I found out about Michael Jackson's death, and that made me change my game up. So instead, today I'll be giving you guys some tribute songs by one of my favorite rappers, Rhymefest, who devoted an entire mixtape to Mike last year called Man in the Mirror. Enjoy your music folks.




Let's kick things off with Rhymefest's title track, Man in the Mirror...kind of "new-school" MJ, but its a great, great song.



Couldn't find this one on YT, but still. Rhymefest's Breakadawn is classic. You can hear the respect both rappers have for MJ in it through the references and their view of how he affected their lives and how he lived his.

And lastly...my absolute favorite of Rhymefest's MJ tribute songs...No Sunshine. A very young Michael Jackson (who I'd never heard before this, and it blew me away) fucking RIPS Bill Withers' Ain't No Sunshine in the chorus, while Rhymefest drops straight fire in the verses. One of my favorite rap songs of all time. Enjoy folks.




Edit: One more. Not a Rhymefest song. While I was listening to some of these songs I remembered this cat on the Foxxhole, a former American Idol contestant named Ace Young doing a rendition of MJ's Butterflies off his 2001 album Invincible...and I remembered the song was kinda hot. MJ still had the moves even back then. Check it out.



Hope you liked the tribute folks. I'm out. Gonna go find me a "Best Of", meditate, and enjoy the King of Pop's music legacy. Later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A