Oh Shit, Its E3! : The Leftovers.

Apologies for this being late. Intended to have this out Wednesday. Anyhow, this is the leftover stuff from E3 that I didn't get around to talking about before. Anyway, a special edition of TheLinkUp coming. After that though, is a post about comics, I should warn. (Oh noes! ANOTHER comic post?! I must be "obsessed".)






Def Jam Rapstar*: Okay, I admit it, I'm a fan of rap music. For some reason that's a crime or something, but whatever. I mean, don't get me wrong. I know that, *cough*, certain people wouldn't believe it, but I LOVE rock music. So games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band are right up my alley. But at the same time, every now and again, I just wanna show people that, "Nigga, I know more rap songs than you." (This isn't exclusive to rap though. Sometimes I wanna show off my mad knowledge of J-Rock songs. When I tell you I can put a hurting on a Asian Kung-Fu Generation joint...) And apparently, Def Jam Rapstar is going to let me do that. And fortunately the "Def Jam" is not so much going with the label Def Jam as it is with Def Jam the Brand (thank God), so I'll be able to do a wide variety of rappers, from Kanye to the Notorious BIG. I hope support for this game is as large as Rock Band, and DLC comes out in freaking multitudes. How can I play this game and not want to do Lupe Fiasco's The Cool or Kick Push, or Little Brother's Good Clothes? (Or even Outkast's Rosa Parks?)

*Those are two different links. Both are very informative, so you know.

Glory of Heracles: I'm not so much with portable RPGs, as I'm never in a car long enough to get anywhere with them, but this game sounds awesome. The game is about heroes (in this world, meaning immortals) who for whatever reason were made amnesiacs by the gods and the game is apparently about finding other immortals and regaining their memories. Hopefully they go into heavy detail as I do like they kind of stuff in a story.

Divinity 2: Ego Draconis: Again, fantasy stuff for the win. I'm normally not so much with the PC games, but I have to confess. An RPG where I eventually become a "Dragon Lord" sounds sweet. Plus its never a bad idea to create an RPG with an extensive set of quests. The world sounds like the kind I like--intriguing, expansive, full of magic, and just overall fun. Well, for gaming at least. I also like the idea that they seem to put a lot of thought into the experience system, even going so far as to say that the dragon and human forms don't share skills or XP. I actually don't hate level grinding, its just when I level grind to reach the higher levels only to find they offer mostly the same skills as the median levels that I get pissed. (I hate Dragon Quest VII for this very reason.) I want to see a screenshot or five. Outside of that? I want this.

FFXII Summon Details: Yeah, yeah...I covered FFXIII, I know. But hey. Check it--new details for the game! Apparently the classic summons are back (those FFXII summons were beyond useless), and they did indeed keep the idea of making the summons into vehicles as well as summons. They'll also play a vital part in the story, for whatever that's worth.

Huh. This is quite a bit less than I thought would be in the Leftovers, but still a number of games nevertheless that all sound amazing.

With this done, thanks to 1Up, RPGFan and Destructoid for the coverage. Obviously I couldn't have talked about jack-squat without them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A