Oh Shit, Its E3! (Day Two)

Okay, so its Day Two of E3. All the major presentations are done, but no big deal, right? The developers themselves no doubt have some pretty impressive games they want to showcase that the Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo didn't really feel was worth bringing up during their time on-stage. And some of those games are usually the ones that catch everyone's eye--after all, the press conferences are mostly just to show us what they think is going to be a hit (MAG), or to showcase a new entry in a franchise that's ALREADY a hit (Halo, God of War, Final Fantasy, Mario).

I shouldn't have to say this, but I feel its necessary. I'm not operating under pretenses of being important, or of being a journalist. If I'm talking about a game, I'm talking about it because I, personally, am hyped. If I don't give a fuck about a game, guess what? It don't get a mention.

With that in mind, hit the link below for more.











And here is the rest of it.

- Finally got to see a demo of Final Fantasy XIII being played in real time on G4. No real thoughts, other than the game looks beautiful. I really wish I could've gotten my hands on it more than anything else. Not so much because I'm so eager to play (admittedly though, I am), but because the guy playing fucking SUCKED. Seriously, either FFXIII is REALLY hard or that guy has earned his own slot as one of the Worst Gamers Ever. Who gets a Game Over Screen in a DEMO?? I didn't even know that was possible. Ugh. Oh well. Between that and the video I saw yesterday at Sony's Press Conference, FFXIII is probably one of the titles for the PS3 I'm the most interested in. Lightning looks like a kick-ass heroine, the world looks fun to play in (and hopefully I'll get to fix it), and I'm still hoping they kept the summons as dual-use beings. (There was a bit a long time ago mentioned that Shiva could be used as a summon in battle and out of battle as a motorcycle you could ride around, which is one of the most innovative ideas I've seen done in an RPG in ages.)

- Castlevania: Lord of Shadows. The long-awaited next-gen Castlevania game....! ....And my hype has been considerably stifled. The series appears to have passed hands from Igarashi to Hideo Kojima. And I ain't a MGS fan. Y'know, if it had passed hands to Itagaki, I might've had some interest. As is? I remain, currently, neutral. I actually LIKED all the Castlevania games since Circle of the Moon with the notable exception of Lament of Innoncence. The Action-RPG-ness of it all worked very well for me. Overall, this is kind of a downer for me, but until I see some gameplay I won't make a big deal of it. Trailer here.

- Lego Battles for the DS. A bit of background about me? As a kid, I always, always, ALWAYS loved Legos. Not the lame, simple ones that you could use to build a multi-colored highway overpass or whatever, but the really complex ones that essentially allowed you to create little miniature worlds. I loved the different themes they had too--like knights and astronauts in space and the jungle and even more pedestrian stuff like firemen and cops. They even had toy magazines that laid out all their products according to themes. They looked so cool but sadly, I never got around to getting any of them. Fortunately, Lego Battles seems to be a game version of what I wanted then. Pitting knights and wizards and spacecraft against some pirates, aliens, and skeleton armies. I've never played an RTS, but this is a Lego game--they know younger audiences will play this, especially on a portable, kid-friendly system like the DS, so I suspect it won't be TOO difficult. Thankfully.

- A trailer for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2? Oh, freaking win. Itagaki's got nothing to do with this game, especially since he jetted along with quite a few other members of Team Ninja ages ago. But the director for this is the same guy who directed the last Sigma, so its cool. Same as last time, the port comes with tweaked gameplay and added features. This ranges from new enemies and bosses to two (!) new characters to use in the game. Check the trailer here. Yes, I know its ridiculous--that's the point!

That's all for Day Two, methinks. Depending on my level of productivity, I may get out Day Three sometime tonight. We'll see. Later folks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A