Resurrection Man 1 Thoughts (Spoilers)


Writer: Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning
Artist: Fernando Dagnino

Kind of an unexpected book; Resurrection Man was a title that came out of the late-90's written by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning. It was basically about a guy that would come back with different superpowers each time he died, usually related to his last death.

Despite the resemblance to Grifter, this is definitely the superior comic. But I still feel like...I've been there and done that. Initially, Resurrection Man had one goal. Beat Vandal Savage, a DCU villain who was immortal. That's it. But now the story is apparently about his soul being wanted by two groups that suspiciously resemble angels and demons, only (of course) there is no good or bad group, as what "should" be the good team are the antagonists for the first issue.

While I can't specifically nail down WHERE I've seen that before, that's likely because I didn't like it and I dropped it back then. I love Dan and Andy's work, but unless this series gives me something different/new really quick, I'll have to drop it. (Still reading their space stuff, though. And Heroes for Hire.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A