Grifter 1 Thoughts


Writer: Nathan Edmondson
Artist: Cafu

Well, this is an interesting thing. It's rare to read a book and know pretty much the same about a character after you're done than you did before you finished. That's what we have here.

This book introduces us to Cole Cash, a talented con man who gets abducted by aliens but escapes before they can complete their task, and now has the rest of the hidden aliens after him.

And that's all I know, aside from the Grifter once being a character from Wildstorm Universe's WildC.A.T.s superhero team. But since he's being introduced to the DCU that factoid is irrelevant and sends me right back up to the previous one-sentence description of this issue.

It's not even that the book is compressed...plenty of stuff happens, it's just nothing I care about. I'm given no reason to root for the guy, no reason to think he's cool, and no reason to care about his problem, which says a lot considering someone's trying to kill him.

Kinda sad, but this may be the first book I drop for the The New 52. Unless I hear about some of his WildStorm ties coming back, I'm out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A