Captain Atom 1 Thoughts


Writer: J.T. Krul
Artist: Freddie Williams II

To be quite honest, even after reading this book, I'm not certain what to make of it. The art by Freddie Williams II is solid, but that was to be expected. The writing, though...

There's no origin story. There's no, "my name is..." bit of narration. And while I don't actually need that to enjoy the issue, it's sort of symbolic of the problem with this issue: I read the entire thing without figuring out exactly WHO Captain Atom was. The opening narration would have you believe he's a bit of a cynic, with one of the most pessimistic views on life I've seen from a superhero in a while making up the first few words you read about the character.

....So why's he using his powers to save someone when it's clearly risking his life? I don't get it. And the issue itself doesn't do all that much to show me why I should. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a BAD comic by any means...it's just one that, considering how many others I read, in addition to the anime I watch and the Tokusatsu and video games I want to play and the time I spend writing and building decks and so on and so forth....I have to ask myself if I really have time to keep up with this comic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A