Song of the Day: Tupac - Dear Mama

These rappers today don't know squat about having range. Tupac could do a track like I Get Around, then turn right around and write Dear Mama like it was the natural thing to do. Truly representative of the myriad sides of the human spirit, make no mistake, Tupac is still the greatest rapper alive.


Yeah I know people talk about Biggie Smalls and Nas and even Rakim. And those dudes got the wordplay, make no mistake, but in the few years Tupac was here he blessed us with a catalogue of quality songs that its taken other artists mentioned on his level over a decade to match up to, if they ever got the chance to match up to it at all (RIP Christopher Wallace).



Somehow I doubt I'm the only one that can identify with this line:

"No love for my daddy, 'cause the coward wasn't there
He passed away, and I didn't cry
'Cause my anger, wouldn't let me feel for a stranger.
They say I'm wrong and I'm heartless,
But all along, I was looking for a father he was gone."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A