Song of the Day - Little Brother: Breakin' My Heart

"Dope beats, dope rhymes, nigga that's hip-hop." Truer words have never been spoken. Big Pooh and Phonte hop on a track with Mr. Carter and manage a "new classic". (Am I maxed out on my oxymorons for this month? Hope not, 'cause that's a pretty big one.)




Weezy actually manages to drop a pretty hot verse on this one, much like on Hollywood Divorce. I gotta say, if you can't respect either this verse or the other, you're just a hater. Come to grips with it, and go hit up the next Haters Ball.

That said, he's outshined by LB who both KILL on this track and drop some cold, hard truths about relationships. Never doubt LB's skills, 'cause THIS:

"Mama was like baby now I hate to see your tears
But I been with your daddy for 'bout thirty-five years
And in my day I had to turn a blind eye to cheating
But I ain't never have to wear no black eyes from beatings
As long as he doin right, by you and the kids
How you gon' expect that man not to be who he is?"

Is the stuff that makes Phonte your favorite rapper's favorite rapper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A