Song of the Day - Outkast: Hollywood Divorce

Man, I hate this song. I really really do. This was the song that first made me realize that Li'l Wayne ("in Hollywood its Little Wayne") isn't completely garbage. And because of that, even though this is one of Outkast's greatest tracks, I'll always be a little pissed at it.


But anyone who didn't like Idlewild the movie (I thought it was good, but I'm a sucker for Prohibition-era stuff) has gotta give the group a pass when they hear this song. Andre and Benjamin, along with Li'l Wayne and Snoop Dogg spitting some of the coldest verses you ever heard. For Wayne haters, you have to give Wayne props at least for, "The Hurricane came and took away my Louisiana home/And I'll I got in return was a durn country song".

Also? For the people think 3000 is a sell-out or not "hard" or whatever?

"A is for Adamsville
B is Bowen Homes
See (C) if I give a fuck if you like me you know I don't
If she ain't got a good head on her leave that ho alone
If she do got some good head on her let her sing a song
D is for what I serve, I don't be on no curb
She ain't no junkie neither, I ain't no dope dealer
But she keep comin back Three Stacks must be some crack
Put that pipe in her lap, she ain't know how to act
Now that I've got your undivided attention I'm
Gonna say this and run under condition one
Promise me you gon' stack, promise me you gon' ball
Promise me you'll invest three fourths of it all
For what? So your kids, kids, kids can have some cheese
Can't get with it? Get get get get get on your knees
Cause wealth is the word
Rich is round the corner from the curb
Don't like what I write? Shoot me a bird"

Those bars are harder than anything your favorite rapper has ever spit. Believe that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A