TGS: A Versus Epic








Let's get this straight: The last Final Fantasy I liked? Was IX.  The last Final Fantasy I loved? Was Tactics.  I am not, by any means, a Final Fantasy "fan".  They release games, sometimes I play them, a lot of times I don't even bother.  XIII burned up so much fucking good will with me, not just with the franchise but Square-Enix in general....  And then this came and fucked my brain. A Final Fantasy that's an ACTION game?? Dirge of Cerberus was one of my favorite titles for the Playstation 2, so I love when Square screws with the formula of their own games to create something new. 

By all accounts, this looks sickeningly awesome.  I just need Noctis to have a personality, because I can't play anymore quiet/stoic emo Cloud-type guys wandering around.  Tell some jokes.  Be at least slightly pissed about all the shitty situations you will no doubt find yourself in over the course of the game.  Just do something to set you apart, please.  Because so far this game should be great, if it comes out before we all upgrade to whatever the fuck it is they use in Sword Art Online, and it'd be a shame if the one weak link was, y'know...the main character.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A