Day 1 So Far: Dragon Age, Project Spark and More

While I'm waiting for the last press conference of the day, let's take a look at some of the games that have been announced or given trailers so far. 

Project Spark


I know this is a Microsoft game.  No, I haven't sold out (especially since nobody's buying in to my product) and no I don't support the draconian, internet fascism MS is pretending to be next-gen gaming.  But I still watched their press conference because it's never a bad idea to be aware of things.

Looking like a cooler version of Little Big Planet, Project Spark is another one of those "create your own experience" games, only this one is taking advantage of the new hardware to go even further in terms of options and gameplay.  It looks like it has the potential to be a load of fun, and should it ever come to PS4 (doubtful), I'd definitely give it a try.

Watch_Dogs


We all knew about this game, but it honestly does just look better every time I see it.  This time I could barely tell where the cutscene ended and where the gameplay began.  This is a good thing, and the more I learn about what you can do in Watch_Dogs, the more excited I get.  My gut tells me this is a launch title for next-gen systems, but also that it'll be out for current-gen a week or two before.

Dragon Age: Inquisition


I picked up Dragon Age: Origins last week out of boredom and a desire to play SOMETHING.  The game never quite seemed like my bag, but I thought I'd give it a shot.  It's still making me feel detached due to the lack of being referred to by my name and not having a real voice, but I can see how so many people got excited about it.

Dragon Age: Inquistion looks like it'll be more in the vein of Origins than the tepidly received DA2, and I confess even I think the game is beautiful (in how creepy it is).  Another open-world game, I hoped we'd see see more of this game at E3 and fortunately EA had time to show us this pretty awesome trailer.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt


Also an extra-awesome trailer for coming here:



This game looks like Amalur, just with better graphics and developed by a company that's not run by an idiot.  The once intensely story-based Witcher has gone open-world for the last part of its trilogy, inspired by Skyrim to attempt to make a game that's both open-world and has a compelling narrative for you to follow.  I'd like for them to be successful and it looks like they may just pull it off, but I do know we won't be seeing this game until next February at the earliest, so it's gonna be a long wait.

In the meantime, I hope CD Projekt finds a way to port The Witcher 1 and 2 to the Playstation Network, either for PS4 or PS3.

There were a ton of other good-looking games that made an appearance.  Insomniac's Sunset Overdrive, Star Wars: Battlefront, The Crew, Sad Watch Dogs, Mighty Quest for Epic Loot, Assassin's Creed 4, even Titanfall.   So far there's been something for everyone.

Now if you'll excuse me there's one conference left to go and I want to sit down and enjoy it before I have to do a write-up.  Later folks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A