Sage's Calendar of Awesome: August

Blah. I'm a little late with this, and I apologize. Yesterday was a little more busy than I would've liked, so I'll probably be back here with September's today as well. Once SDCC gets started I'll most likely end up talking about all the stuff coming out of that. (Which I admit will be quite a bit of stuff on this list.) Anyhow, let's get started.

August 10th - SCANDAL - Baby Action



I became a pretty big fan of this group when I heard the ending they did for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Shunkan Sentimental. They have a pretty hardcore sound to do so many concerts dressed in high school girl outfits, but I can't hate on someone's swag when they make good music. (See: Childish Gambino.)

August 30th: Yu-Gi-Oh 2011 Collector's Tins



Another Yu-Gi-Oh thing. Feel free to skip if you're not a fan. Normally I'm not that big on tins. I only bought one copy of the 2011 tin earlier this year just to get the http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifpromos and take a shot at getting a good pull from the one Duelist Revolution pack they put in.

This time the packs are actually secondary to the promo cards. The cover cards are slightly worseless, but both tins come with a copy of the only splashable draw card in the game (that's legal), Pot of Duality. A card so useful on the competitive scene that it rose to somewhere around $170 on eBay for a single copy. I can't actually promise it will drop enough to be worth buying by itself, so I'll be buying about six of these tins, to start.

There are other promos in the tin, but since I don't care about E-HEROES and have yet to find a really cool Fairy archetype to use, they're not that big of a deal to me.

August 31st - Flashpoint 5



One of only two DC comics shipping that week, Flashpoint 5 is hopefully going to be the most important superhero comic to come out for decades to come. The finale of Flash's giant event story in which he (hopefully) kicks Professor Zoom's sorry butt, Flashpoint will see Barry Allen finally set his wrecked universe right.

...Sort of. Apparently it will be impossible to completely fix, and as a result we'll be getting a slightly altered universe in September, reflected in reality by a complete relaunch of the entire DC Universe.

Even though my excitement over this project has cooled somewhat, this is still something I'm immensely hyped about. I hope the entire thing sells like gangbusters, both in-stores and online.

This month is rather light, but that's because September and October are PACKED with so much crap I'm not entirely sure there will be enough time to enjoy it all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A