Amazing Spider-Man trailer

So the bootlegged trailer of Amazing Spider-Man has hit the web.



Feels like a different movie from these two minutes alone. People are saying it's like Batman, but I don't get that. Not yet at least. A big theme behind a Batman film is that he's dealing with common criminals, besides the Joker and Ra's. Even when he's against rogues, he's still facing people that are robbing banks, starting gangs.

Spider-Man's villains have different mindsets. They want to take over the world. They have genuine delusions of grandeur in some form or another. I'm guessing the Lizard won't be all that different either.

But I like what I see right now. They're involving Peter's parents into his origins, which in the main universe you almost never hear about. Also love seeing the web shooters, and that they went out of their way to show us.

Didn't care for the first person view of the city, as it seemed kinda fake, but I imagine in HD I'd be much more impressed. Anyway, this is the first movie of next year I'm willing to pay to see. More coming though--TDKR, Avengers, Wolverine (if it looks decent...I was more interested when Darren Aronofsky was on the project) and Superman: Man of Steel. SDCC came at a perfect time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A