Do You Believe in Magic...




To me, this is the first DLC character Injustice has ever released.  Fan-requested as he is, I still think Lobo's lame.  Batgirl's another Bat-characterNobody asked for Zod, and the people who wanted Scorpion should go back to playing MK9.   They at least all play very well and aren't really similar to the other characters.  And as for Martian Manhunter?  He should have been included in the game in the first place.  Even Ed Boon knew it; when he ran that poll asking "who would you like to see as a DLC character", Boon didn't add Martian Manhunter because he knew J'onn would win.

So Zatanna is really the first DLC character I actually care about, and she looks lovely.  Great fighter, though she's got some obvious moves stolen from Shang Tsung and Quan Chi (I've seen MK9 played enough to spot them), I think she'll be a great addition to the current cast.

I personally think they shouldn't stop developing DLC characters until the sales dip.  Mainly because I still want Professor Zoom, Firestorm, Power Girl, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, and Starfire.   Also Static Shock, Circe, Star Sapphire, Atrocitus, Doctor Fate, and Saint Walker.    That's another 12 characters, bringing the final count up to like...44?   

The sheer amount of DLC in this game is staggering, and I would be upset about it, except we've already seen news of an Injustice: Game of the Year Edition.  So I'm all in favor of whatever additional material they want to put onto the game.  Heck, at this point I've even got suggestions for more costume packs!   The DLC characters all need more costumes, more Black Lanterns, White Lanterns for the few that made it into this game, War of Light costumes for those that had them in the comics, Earth-2 costumes for a few other characters, and some DC One Million stuff.   That's at least five to seven packs--make it happen, NRS.   If DLC is as cheap to make as I'd think, this is basically a license to print money.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A