Summer Anime Picks 2010

Okay, so I'm a little late with this, but the subs for most series aren't out yet, so no worries. Aside from Shin Koihime Musou, I never cared to watch the Spring series, but I've got hopes for summer! So, here we go!



Legend of the Legendary Heroes



What It's About: Ryner Lute is a lazy student of Roland Empire Royal Magician's school. One day, Roland Empire goes to war against a neighboring country Estaboole, and he lost his classmates in the battle. After the war, Lute sets out for a journey to search the relics of a "Legendary Hero" at Emperor Sion Astal's command. And he finds out that a deadly curse is spreading through the continent. (MAL)

Why I'm Interested: The trailer was bad-ass, and that title is AWESOME. Also, as I understand it, the original novel is an exceptionally long epic fantasy series, which fleshes out its world and THEN tells its true story. Now, I just have to hope they craft a decent world *and* the series has time to breathe. 13-26 episodes won't cut it. I've been looking for a great anime fantasy world for ages (please don't bother me with 12 Kingdoms and Rayearth). Is this it?

Sekirei: Pure Engagement



What It's About: Second season of Sekirei.

Why I'm Interested: The first season was a previous pick and what I saw of it wasn't terrible, so why not? I've got the free time for it, so I'll take it on.

Seitokai Yakuindomo



What It's About: Takatoshi is a new student in the recently gender-integrated high school. He's asked to join the student council as the vice president. Thus begins his days as the only normal boy among 3 female student council officers... (M-U)

Why I'm Interested: Who knows? It COULD be entertaining to see some poor schmuck try to win arguments with three women. (We can't win arguments with ONE...) Mostly I'm hoping I can get my "high school anime" this season.

Digimon Xros Wars



What It's About: Sixth season of Digimon.

Why I'm Interested: I've been a Digimon fan since Adventure 01. Granted, I haven't loved it since 01, but I believe its worth another shot. Particularly considering the writer is one of the head writers on Kamen Rider W.

Strike Witches 2




What It's About: Second season of Strike Witches.

Why I'm Interested: First half's on my Fifty Series Anime List.

It remains to be seen if I'll check out Sengoku Basara 2, and Asobi ni Iku yo, but...prolly not. I stay busy enough as it is, you know?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A