San Diego Comic Con 2010 Upcoming

July 22nd. It's early, but its here. San Diego Comic Con.

The first panels are just starting, as its just 10:15 there.

As far as comics go, both DC and Marvel have fed us several announcements over the last two weeks, telling us about exclusive writers and artists, and some of their new titles they're bringing out in the fall months.

But this week, with a few exceptions, they've (obviously) gone silent. Hopefully, they saved some stuff for their panels so it is not merely answering questions (between Cup O' Joe, Geoff Johns Prime, and interviews from various sites, what would you ask that wasn't a snarky/whiny question?).

Usually, my interest in Comic-Con can be limited to comics, but this year, I have reasons to care about other areas of the con.

  • Both DC and Marvel have my attention with the formation of DC Entertainment, and Marvel going to the trouble of appointing Loeb head over their television department, and I'm expecting big things from both of them, in terms of games, live-action stuff, and animation.
  • Avatar: The Legend of Korra: An interview was done with Bryan and Mike Wednesday with details on this sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender. Due out 2011, the sequel focuses on Korra, newest Avatar to the game, a Water Tribe member training to learn Airbending under Aang's son Tenzin. I'm hoping for more information, if not a trailer.
  • Iron Man anime - First episode premieres Friday, at least three months ahead of the scheduled release in Japan. I want at least a clip, and hopefully information which will set my excitement level for the series.
  • Mega Man Universe: Major excitement for this one. The beautiful stop-motion teaser for everyone's favorite Blue Bomber came out last week, and to me, it easily outdoes every other game trailer I've seen this year in terms of generated excitement, and I have no idea what the game is about!
  • Transformers Prime: I'm not too excited about this one. I've never been a fan of CGI art, and the designs are questionable. Still, I'm positive we'll see a trailer come out sometime this weekend.
  • Voltron Force: I disliked the original Voltron. Still, I've done some reading on the new one, and it may have fixed some of my problems for it. (Artstyle, treadmill plot.)
That's it, mostly. I truncated the list a bit, with Marvel and DC, as they have the majority of my interest with a number of projects coming out this year and next I'm excited for. I'll be breaking up news of what caught my eye, with links and comments on them, by day.

I feel like a corny Stan Lee catchphrase belongs here...but bah. I like to be original. I'm out. (LOL.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A