Spring Anime Picks 2010

Just two years ago, my Spring choices were near 20--which was around half of what was being offered. Not bad, I thought. This year? *sighs*

First off, let's have a look at the chart:






Heroman




What It's About: Heroman is the story of a kid named Joey who lives on the west coast of the United States. He unearths a toy robot and discovers it has the ability to become "Hero Man", a giant robot he pilots to fight against aliens and other threats.

Why I'm Interested: I'm not sure I am, but I intend to give the first episode a try. We've been lacking in giant robot stories lately, though so I figured why not. Also, its created by Stan Lee, if that means anything to anyone else. But if its a lot like Eureka 7...I'm Ghost Like Swayze.

Shin Koihime Musou: ~ Otome Tairan ~





What It's About:
The third season of the loli/bishoujo version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Shin Koihime Musou continues our story of following Kannu-tachi on their quest to...I don't know. Look cute and make jokes about being lesbians?

Why I'm Interested: ...What, really? Go back up and look at the synopsis. No, its not brilliant. It'll never win awards, and won't chart on most people's Top # anime lists. But its FUN. Last season had a Macross-esque song battle! How do you beat that?

B Gata H Kei



What It's About: Yamada is a virgin high school student who dreams of having 100 casual sex partners. However, she ends up targeting and pursuing only one boy.

Why I'm Interested: ...They're REALLY making this? An anime about a teenage girl who's a nymph? WTF, Japan?! And WHO'S doing the voice? Tamura Yukari-chan...? N-NANOHA?! >_<

SD Gundam Sangokuden: Brave Battle Warriors



What It's About:
Re-imagining of the Three Kingdoms era featuring super-deformed Gundams.

Why I'm Interested: This is why anime isn't popular anymore, Japan. This season alone, you have FOUR Sangoku-era imaginings. This isn't even your history, guys! WTF. *sighs* But, Gundams. It'll be my last Sangoku retelling for some time, but I'm just not built to turn down mecha battles in the Sangoku period. Its an idea just insane enough to catch my attention.


Senkou no Night Road



What It's About: The story is set in Shanghai in 1931, when the Imperial Japanese Army has been dispatched to mainland China due to the relatively recent First Sino-Japanese War, Russo-Japanese War, and World War I. In this cosmopolitan city of intrigue, there is a special military spy organization called "Sakurai Kikan" that has since been buried in history.

Why I'm Interested: Intrigue. 1930's setting. Spies. Superpowers. The only series I'm following this season for plot rather than laughs, it hits more than a few hot buttons for me, so I'm hoping they have a decent enough plot to keep me interested, but honestly at this point I'd take a shonen-esque plot to balance out all this freaking COMEDY.


Mayoi Neko Overrun



What It's About: The story revolves around Takumi Tsuzuki, a boy who lives with his older "sister" Otome, although the two have no blood ties between them. Otome manages a run-down confectionery store called Stray Cats. One day, Otome picks up a mysterious beautiful girl off the streets.

Why I'm Interested: Possibility of catgirls? Can easily get dropped if its no good. Especially with Kiss x Sis coming out.


Kiss x Sis




What It's About: Keita has two older step-sisters, Ako and Riko, but since they aren't related by blood, they love him in a lustful way. After a mishap at school, Ako and Riko finally confess their love to him. Keita dislikes the thought of seeing them other then brother and sister, but as he tries to enter the same school as his sisters, he slowly becomes attracted to them.

Why I'm Interested: Romance series bore me normally, with exceptions. This is an exception. In all honesty, romances are a dime a dozen and without something to distinguish them, like the relationships involved, how they're portrayed, or character portrayals. A positive look at not really incest counts as distinguishing, so I'll be watching this.

That's me. What're you all watching?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A