Finals

Ahh, the first Wednesday of [my] summer.

I've been out of school for about four years, and finally returning I gotta say: Nothing's changed. That first week of summer after you've finished the Spring semester always feels amazing.


It's not just about the break. Its the feeling of accomplishing something. Whether its your first year of high school or the last semester of your senior year, or in my case, the first semester of my freshman year--it just feels GOOD to say, "I did it. They threw their best at me, and I handled it."

It helps of course when your final grades are three As and a B (technically four As...they knocked off a letter grade in my Psych class for a lack of extracurricular work in that course), but even if you just made all Cs, it still feels good.

Summer has been missing that for me, while I was out of school. In fact, EVERYTHING was missing that for me while I was out. Holidays, weekends...none of it mattered to me because every day was part of a "break" for me.

You think that sounds cool, but it really isn't. I don't exactly live in a big town and my friends aren't big party-goers--eventually the only thing left to do is play video games and watch television. And as I was broke...I didn't get so much with the video games, and as I've mentioned in a few dozen articles, television SUCKS now.

To tell you the truth, a great deal behind my reasoning for breaking down and going to college, even without a firm direction in my life, was...I was BORED. Up until October (I'd already registered for school by then anyways) I was living out in the boonies with no internet, so with no way to download anything over 30MB, I was stuck with endless reruns of Scrubs and Phineas and Ferb. (Great shows but that's not the point.)

In any case, it is with a renewed love of summer that I write this post, faithful readers. Time to get cracking on all the projects I've got planned for the next three months. I've got a wall covered in papers telling me what comics I'm behind on, what anime I want to watch (a 50 part list), what J-Drama I'll be trying out, several movies I missed the past few months, the cartoons and series I'm keeping up with on a weekly basis, the manga series I'm keeping with as well, and the video games I'm supposed to beat.

Yep. I'll be going back to school somewhat deprived of sleep, but this time I'll be excited about it, at least.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A