Battle Rap Wednesdays: Loaded Lux vs Calicoe

I'm pretty sure "You Gon' Get This Work!" has appeared in nearly every part of the internet where there's a fair amount of black people. Rightfully so, 'cause....holy shit. I mean, I've seen a lot of battle raps since I started going to school, but.. I've never seen someone get slaughtered quite like this.

Like most battle rap videos, its kind of long at about 44 minutes, but the first 5 minutes or so is just filler, so the whole thing actually clocks in a little shorter.   Neither of the first verses are all that special, but rewind that second Lux verse at least once because it's nearly impossible to catch all the references in one go.  And Lux's third verse?  Whoo.   I had someone I follow on Twitter describe it as "Black Excellence", and to be honest...I'm not sure I disagree.   It goes from typical battle rap insults to an insightful look into the black culture, discusses black history, denounces the materialization and drug culture so many of our youth have entrenched themselves in, and mourns the loss of the father in black families.   You think I'm kidding, don't you?  Aight then.  Hit the play button so you can get this work. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A