Don't you know that I'm a rapist? Ask your tracks.

I was told in Composition I, a title should grab one's attention. How was that?

Anyway. Lupe Fiasco's L.A.S.E.R.S. and Childish Gambino's Fuck Rap Cool dropped today. I spent about and hour and a half listening to both; everyone else should too.

Star Tracks on L.A.S.E.R.S. :

Letting Go
Till I Get There
I Don't Wanna Care Right Now
The Show Goes On
State Run Radio
Break the Chain

Words I Never Said is dope too, but it's along the same stuff I've been hearing in conscious rap for a few years now. It can be a downer after awhile, so it's not a song I can put on repeat like the ones above.

All-in-all, LASERS is well worth the money, though apparently the internet disagrees (surprise).

On the other hand, my boy Childish Gambino (who conscious rappers wish they could be, since they keep whining about being put in a box that he actively avoids)'s EP is only five tracks, but all of them are stellar work.

My favorite two are definitely My Shine and Not Going Back, two songs that both exemplify who Gambino is as a rapper, what makes him different, and why his fans are such staunch supporters.

But nevermind what I think. Go. Cop this stuff. Seriously. Good music is a necessity for developing your mind.

Edit: Apparently, there's some hate for CG's EP too. Personally I think the guy's full of shit, but the fact that he's a music reviewer for the Baltimore Sun (if you're writing media reviews for a newspaper...you're irrelevant) says that all on it's own. Then again in general I think reviews are useless. ("How's it feel having a job I can do tomorrow?")

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A