New York ComicCon Day 2 Points of Interest

Marvel Video Games (Newsarama):

- Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions is getting DLC. Cosmic Spider-Man for all four universes. That's neat if it comes with more stories, but otherwise I want the other three Identity Crisis costumes.

- A Super Hero Squad game for the PS3 and 360 AND Wii? I love it. Excited already.

- More RPGs coming from them? MMOs...or real RPGs?

- Frank Tieri wrote the story for MvC3? Hmm...I'm not a fan, but I'm buying it anyway.

- The two new Marvel characters for MvC3 are MODOK and Magneto. Magneto was a given...MODOK confirms DLC for the game.

- I cannot muster excitement for the Captain America and Thor video games. I would like to, but...ugh. Movie tie-ins. Fraction wrote the last IM game and that couldn't even save it.

- X-Men: Destiny is the West's chance to impress me with so-called "superior storytelling". As you create your own character and can choose your own story, aspects of Western RPGs proponents continue to tout, this game will be the litmus test. If they fail? I'm back to J-RPGs.

- Don't tell me I'm not being fair, either. This game LOOKS like it should be very, very good.

- Special announcement time!

- The old X-Men arcade game is coming to XBLA and PSN. Here I was expecting something brand-new. Ah well. Game's still fun.

- No more Ultimate Alliance games?! ...WHY?! Get past Civil War and you have something INTERESTING. Oh well. At least more good games are coming.

MARVEL Television Presents: The Avengers Earth’s Mightiest Heroes (Newsarama):

- Live-action Marvel shows on ABC? Pfft. Canceled in five episodes.

- Ultimate Spider-Man is the next cartoon? That's great and all, but you need to replace X-Men and the Iron Man cartoon.
DC Universe Panel (CBR and Newsarama):

- There's a huge array of talent on stage here. Even I'm impressed.

- Kryptonite that affects humans? An original idea in a Superman comic. I bet core fans dislike it.

- A Birds of Prey arc called "Death of Oracle"? Don't kill Barbara Gordon. I should catch up on Birds of Prey.

- First Wave gets more stories after the main mini-series? Neat! Hope Rags stays around.

- ANOTHER Legion comic? Two years ago you couldn't force fans to buy Legion. Weird. Still, Legion Academy is one more reason to come back to comics.

- Gates/Igle off Supergirl makes me deeply saddened. It's only been about 30 issues--that's a decent run these days, but people used to do 40-50+.

- I should read JT Krul's Green Arrow. That said..."Black Arrow"? I'll read it before I nerd rage though.

- "Dark Supergirl"? That's the best we've got? Really? Still, at least they'll be fighting the Crime Syndicate. Sounds neat.

- Eventually I'll get back to reading R.E.B.E.L.S. . ...Eventually....

- I seem to recall the guy who made Sinestro's ring mentioned before...they're finally getting to that?

- Legion Academy will feature ties to the 21st century but nothing Superman or Batman related. This does not preclude us seeing some other heroes, though, I'm guessing.

Marvel's Avengers Assemble (CBR and Newsarama):

- Again, quite the collection of talent on stage. They pulled out all the stops. Wish I'd gone for real now.

- I need John Romita to bail on Avengers so this book can be as good as I want it to be.

- Giant-Man's back? Neat. Pym worked best in that identity anyway.

- Arcade: Death Game? Silly name, but an interesting possibility for a crossover. Why not?

- Widowmaker is now a mini-series unto itself. For the best--I like Hawkeye and Mockingbird, but not the Black Widow comic.

- Iron Man 2.0...is about James Rhodes?! Sweet! I could use another War Machine comic. Hopefully this one has Rhodes as less of a renegade.

- A sequel to the Marvels Project? Hm. That would only be good if you could include superheroes this time.

Green Lantern Panel (CBR and Newsarama):

- I wanted to not like the Green Lantern cartoon...but the first villains are the Red Lanterns. So that's out.

- More of the other Earth-based Corps members? Neat. I'd like to see more of Carol as the Star Sapphire now that it doesn't control one's mind.

- Better outfits for the Sapphires? YAY! (Now people may shut up about it.)

- The four Earth GLs are the main story of the next big Green Lantern story? ...Weren't they the main characters of the last one?

- A fight between Hal and Kyle? NUTS. Can Kyle get his own book first?!

- The War of Green Lanterns? Hm. Interesting. Is that the next event?



Panels I don't want to spoil:

- Young Justice Video Presentation
- Green Lantern: The Animated Series Panel
- "Doctor Who" ongoing with the Eleventh Doctor
- "Mega Man" ongoing announced

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A