Another Century's Episode R

Known for its super-deformed artstyle, punishing T-RPG gameplay, and a large variety of mecha anime universes all smashing together as one so not only can you have different mecha fight other mecha, but have that Amuro vs. Kira scene you've been writing fanfics about, Super Robot Wars is one of the most popular mecha games of all time.

The one thing I've always wanted, though? Is a new game in the vein of SRW, but that takes advantage of the graphical abilities of a current-gen system with an engine that's more action-oriented. (Basically, an action mecha game combining different mech series.)


Can you imagine my surprise when I learned this game already existed? And had two sequels!

Unfortunately, the last episode was announced as a final installment. Upon learning this my heart sank and I thought I would never see Another Century's Episode on my PS3. But apparently "Final" meant nothing, givbunchen information released earlier this week.

It announces Another Century's Episode R from Banpresto and FROM Software. Neoseeker has the important information--explaining the series that're in ACE and the mecha being used. (Read here.)

I'd rather have Gundam 00 or Wing over Code Geass, but...robots! Check the pics below in the link, and see if the fangasm is avoidable for you. (Need to change my pants, myself.)

Famitsu shows a large number of screenshots for Another Century's Episode R (Famitsu)

Fall release date. Busy season for gaming, this Fall.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A