Spider-Man in a decent game? To think, the last good one was just eight years ago...

I don't really talk about things I don't like on this site. That said, I've made no secret of the fact that I'm not a fan of the new Batman game. I'm sure its a great game and you actually FEEL like Batman and all that, but...

I don't want to spend the entire game inside the most boring (to me) part of the Batman-universe. I want a Hero version of GTA, where I battle gangs and buy hide-outs and shiny shit with my bucketloads of money.

Barring a decent open-world game, at least provide me with more than one level. I'm big on superheroes, but one must have standards. This latest Spider-Man game, appears to meet said standards.

The game's subtitled, "Shattered Dimensions", and while the developers gave up the open world deal Spider-Man games have used since PS2's Spider-Man, Activision has embraced another idea which is native to comic books: alternate universes.

Someone give the developers a prize. I've never gone into this much, but I love alternate universe versions of superheroes. Watching a hero's mythology re-created in different ways for other settings is absolutely fascinating.

Here, with this game, there are four worlds--one based on Amazing Spider-Man, another based on the mini-series set in the Noir universe. That's what's been announced, but recently a picture surfaced of a bonus variant costume for Spider-Man. As always, the Captain Universe suit. Its offered for all four Spider-Man worlds, offering somewhat of a sneak preview for the other two worlds.

Click this for the pictures. My guess places the remaining two worlds as "Symbiote Spider-Man" and "Spider-Man 2099". No clue how they intend to sell Peter Parker in the symbiote suit as a different character, but the 2099 world should be kick ass.

Destructoid has more information.

Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions Preview

Trailer for "Amazing" and "Noir"
.

Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions Interview


Hyped isn't the word. And given I grew up watching Spider-Man, knowing each version is voiced by previous VAs for everyone's friendly neighborhood Spider-Man means playing the game is going to give me numerous nostalgia trips. Waking up Saturday morning to watch Fox Kids. Flashback!

While I fade into sepia-toned reminiscing, view the links. Then be back in ten for info on other games.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A