Anime Picks: Hina Logi: From Luck and Logic

A few quick and dirty reviews of my picks of the new season, including whether or not I'm still watching them after their first episodes. We're going to start off with the show that got a head start on the summer season and premiered at launch, Hina Logi: From Luck & Logic


Hina Logi is supposed to be a spin-off to the original Luck and Logic series, a fantasy-based series that had battles through card games.  I'd meant to get into the original, I decided I'd just jump straight into the sequel and if it appealed, I could always go back and watch the original.

Too bad Hina Logi was almost criminally boring.  I'm not against Cute Girls Doing Cute Things, but they didn't really do much at all this episode.  The main character is Princess Liones, who ran away from her father (with the approval of her mother) to go to a private school where she could train her abilities and become a Logicalist, one of many who use their special abilities to protect the world.

It's possible that this is a lot like Soul Eater Not to Luck & Logic's Soul Eater--Liones barely has any control over her powers, and ends up causing more trouble than any potential antagonist would...but to be honest, there isn't an antagonist.  There isn't even a rival.  Everyone's super excited that they have a princess at the school, but no one's jealous or  inexplicably angry and trying to show her up, they're just all...there.

The show closes with no foreshadowing, just a bunch of...teenaged girls in a hot tub talking about school life.  (I can't believe I had to type that sentence.)  With moe designs straight out of the early 2000's, no action, no humor I found funny, and no story hook to keep me watching, I just can't excuse how criminally boring this series was.   As much as I'd love to do the 3-5 episode rule, I pulled out already.   If this becomes a sleeper hit feel free to laugh at me, but...,I doubt it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A