Song of the Week: mc chris - omc

I never could manage a true affection for nerdcore rap.  I've got nothing against it and a lot of it can be quite good, but in general it's just never something that grabbed me and said "Listen to me, you idiot!"...though admittedly being called an idiot probably wouldn't be the best way of getting someone to try something new anyway. 

Still, regardless of my feelings on nerdcore, mc chris (a legend in nerdcore and a veteran in hip-hop, period) is a cat capable of putting together a musically solid record when he wants to, like here with omc.  I don't think this is one of his favorite songs amongst his target audience, but this was a favorite of mine since the first time I heard it.  That addicting beat matching with the guitar, and how confident he sounds on the track made me pretty much an instant fan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A