The Year of the Green Lantern

So DC and Warner Bros. hope. DC has expanded to three monthly ongoings for the Green Lanterns, with a fourth on the way based on a different Corps, AND a mini-event scheduled for next year.

DC Entertainment has backed this up with Green Lantern: The Animated Series (scheduled for late 2011), and a Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters video game.

Warner Bros., however, has a LOT more riding on it all, what with their tentpole HP ending this year, and Batman being over in two years, it's necessary for them to find a new blockbuster franchise...and currently, they appear to be betting on my favorite superhero, Green Lantern, to be that franchise.

In my opinion though, things haven't exactly looked great. From that Entertainment Weekly cover shot of Ryan Reynolds in the Green Bacon suit that looked more fit for Dr. Seuss books, to the shot of a fairly ridiculous actual Lantern, to the slightly low budget clip from Entertainment Tonight, I've had my doubts. Everyone said wait for the trailer though, which has apparently hit a few weeks early. (At least, that's what the Twitter updates I've seen from comic writers/artists tells me.)

So, with a few minutes handy, I thought I'd give it a watch, post it here if possible, and see what everyone thinks.




Wow. Okay. Well, OA looks...awesome. Sinestro was pretty cool looking. That suit STILL sucks, but now if I go see this movie, it won't be merely because I'm a Green Lantern fan. This COULD be a decent film. (Especially if a lot of it is set on OA...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A