Kirby Krackle

I'm a music lover. I confess. It's in the very fiber of my being. When I hear a good song, I lose myself in it like book lovers do stories. I find myself only able to hear that song, so if you see with my earphones in I'm probably not even able to notice you exist at that point.

I'm ALSO a comic book lover, video game lover, and just an all-around fan of most things geek. So naturally, Kirby Krackle is like freaking crack to me.

Kirby Krackle is, as mentioned on their website, a Nerd Rock band from Seattle, Washington. What makes them different from most nerd rock bands though, is their focus on comic books. With both songs about what it's like to be a comic fan (Another New Crisis), and the lives of superheroes, Kirby Krackle is currently my favorite English-speaking band.

But their website can do a better job of giving a biography. This entry is just to give you awesome music:



A song about the life of The Thing (Ben Grimm) of the Fantastic Four.



I usually write off "burnout" for events as fan whining, but somehow, when Kyle Stevens sings about it in "Another New Crisis", I feel like he might be onto something.



I'll end things with "Marvelous Girls". I won't spoil that one--just give it a listen. These aren't my favorite Kirby Krackle songs (saving those), but they're still fairly awesome--the rest are over at their website for streaming, or on iTunes if you want to buy them. It's definitely worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A