Vampirella. Great Costume, or GREATEST Costume.

Spring Break's winding down. Gah. Sucks too. I've barely gotten any of the things I wanted to do done. And while that isn't wholly my fault, the fact remains I have...really, tonight and the weekend left. Ah well.


The point of this was to bring up the fact that Dynamite acquired the character Vampirella. This is interesting for two reasons:

1.) Vampirella's a great character, and one of the first of her kind. Battling supernatural enemies to save humans. Plus her outfit rocks (though if they changed it I wouldn't complain--you don't need a bikini to be hot).



2.) The rights have gone to Dynamite, probably the biggest indy company out right now. Thus far I have enjoyed from them Alex Ross's Project Superpowers, and they possess a great track record for their licensed properties.

They have a tendency to nab star creators for "from the ground, up" creations of the character's mythologies, and I love that. Plus if any character needs that, its Vampirella. Does anyone know her original origin? What about its current state? How many does she have? See, they'll have to shed all that stuff when they start over. They own the character, and no doubt reprinting rights, but they'll probably stay away from old stories and build something different for their own brand.

What this means is they'll be using Vampirella's core elements to create something new to tell stories in. The direction they will take from here on
remains to be seen, but Dynamite has shown before they are not afraid to do multiple takes with more than one creator, if they all have pitches deemed strong enough.

I have a personal checklist I'm going by to determine whether I'll be following minis/ongoings for this character, so my excitement has a limiter placed on it until I learn more, but for now? Great work, Dynamite.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A