Fall Anime 2011 Picks

Chart.



Some tool posted on one of these a while back and asked why I cut stuff out of it. I didn't on that one, I didn't on this one. And, if it's not OBVIOUS, this isn't my chart. While I can read some Japanese (I'm in J3 now), I can't read much kanji. And if I could, this isn't something I would devote my time to create.

That out of the way...

Guilty Crown




Summary: The story takes place in Tokyo in 2039. After the outbreak of the unidentified virus "Lost Christmas" in 2029, Japan has been under the control of a multinational organization called GHQ. Ouma Shu is a 17-year-old boy who has a psychic power in his right hand. He can use the power "Ability of King" to extract tools or weapons from his friends. He has been avoiding making trouble for others but his life changes when he meets a girl named Yuzuriha Inori, a member of a resistance guerrilla group called "Undertaker", whose members pilot mecha weapons to fight against the government. (MAL)

Why I'm Interested: I do kinda hate "resistance movements" as a trope, but on the bright side this series includes giant robots. And apparently a kid with magic powers who can magically pull out weapons from people like the girl from Fooly Cooly. I'm willing to go five episodes for that.



Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon





Summary: In the far future, humans abandon the devastated Earth and move to the upper world "Tenjo". But Tenjo and the law of causation collapse by a war and humans returns to the Earth, which has turns into an inhabitable planet except for Shinshu area.

Shinshu is too small to accommodate all the humans, so they duplicate the area and create "Juso Sekai" in a parallel world. In order to rebuild Tenjo and the law of causation, the returned humans start reproduction of the history from B.C. 10,000. When the reproduction proceeds to A.D. 1413, a war breaks out in Shinshu and Juso Sekai falls onto the original world.

The humans living in Juso Sekai lose their land and invade the original world. People in Shinshu surrender and the land is divided by the invaders from Juso Sekai. They try to resume the history reproduction from A.D.1457, but the update of the history terminates in A.D.1648. A rumor of apocalypse begins to spread the world. (MAL)

Why I'm Interested: The description on it's own was more than a little irritating, but the visuals and the trailer make me think it could be a pretty interesting story. If it descends to harem crap and annoying tsundere characters, I will drop.


Mobile Suit Gundam AGE




Summary: It has been a few hundred years since humans began to live on space colonies. In A.G. 101, an unknown enemy (UE) "GAFRAN" suddenly attacks one of the colonies "Angel". A long war against UE has begun.

In A.G 108, seven year old Flit Asuno lost his mother when UE attacked his colony "Ovan". His mother left him a memory unit "AGE" which had stored data of an ancient mobile suit Gundam. In A.G. 114, Flit completes the Gundam AGE and counterattacks against GAFRAN. (MAL)

Why I'm Interested: Aside from the neat old-school art, I like the concept of AGE. The idea is that the war lasts roughly 100 years from start to finish, and we'll see the Gundam AGE go into action with three different pilots. The first guy, Flit, then his son, and finally the grandson. That's intriguing to me and it's an idea that Gundam has never attempted before. (Usually the next series distances itself from the last guy, even if it's a sequel.)

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai




Kawakami City is famous for its strong dedication to its samurai ancestors. A healthy fighting spirit is always valued and it's even an important factor for success at school.

Yamato, a second year student from Kawakami Highchool is always with his close friends (4 boys and 3 girls). They have all known each other since they were young and have done many things together. While they have many other friends, this group of seven is a close-knit, inseparable group. They even have a secret base where they meet.

With the new semester, they welcome two girls into their group and shortly after things begin to change...

(Source: VNDB)

Why I'm Interested: Please don't be a harem please don't be a harem please don't be a harem....

It seems like it could be good, if it's just an action/comedy that has males and females and shuns stereotypical character roles (just the tsundere, really...words cannot express how much I hate that character-type). I'd love to have a series that can tread the line between action and relationship drama, just to see anime manage something new.

Lupin III

Summary: Arsene Lupin III is the grandson of the master thief Arsene Lupin. With his cohorts Daisuke Jigen and Goemon Ishikawa XIII and his love interest Fujiko Mine, he pulls off the greatest heists of all time while always escaping the grasp of Inspector Koichi Zenigata. (MAL)

Why I'm Interested: Because you kinda fail if you like anime and not Lupin, just a little bit. No one's sure if this is a TV special or a television series or what, to be honest.

Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle



Summry: Daimon Kaito is a high school boy, who loves puzzles. One day, the president of the student council gives him a mobile device and it leads him to an underground ruin buried in the school. He challenges an "insolvable puzzle" hidden in the ruin with his girlfriend Nonoha, but the puzzle turns out to be the dangerous "The Puzzle of Sage" created by the black society "POG". He manages to solve the puzzle but it's the beginning of a puzzle battle against POG. (BAL)

Why I'm Interested: To be honest, a description like this wouldn't sell me. But I wanted to try another series this season (it's pretty light, for me), and this one appealed enough to watch the trailer. The main character seems cocky enough for me to relate to, so I'm giving it a shot.

Overall, this is a pretty balanced season. I'm almost certain there's at least something in here for every anime fan. Even I pulled six series, and I'm kinda weird.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A