Music Video of the Week - Toku MV - I Will Not Lose

JiH's MV of the Day is back, though altered. We're kicking it off real early in 2010, as I bring you a random video I managed to catch while visiting a H.O.N.'s forum.


Not really sure if its due to the fact that the rise of AMVs/Youtube occurred during the 56k years, or if they picked boring anime, but I never cared for AMVs. My other friends who're into anime got into rock by watching them, but as I was already into rock music, that wasn't the draw they believed it was.

This particular TMV is for the Toku Heroes of 2009. That makes it especially peculiar since, by and large, Toku in 2009 sucked. I came to truly dislike Decade for reasons I haven't decided whether or not to discuss here, I thought Dragon Knight was silly and if Power Rangers wants to pull me in, going Darker and Edgier is NOT the way to pull that off. (Its not more mature. Its what people who believe they're mature do.) The two series I DID like, Shinkenger & W, were fantastic--but W started so late in the year we didn't get enough of it.

So how DID this manage to nab MV today? Well, watching it I learned something. Dave Chapelle once said, "Nearly everything looks better in slow motion". http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=219355&title=better-in-slow-motion He was right. So here's something else for you: "Nearly everything looks cooler perfectly timed to a rock song."

Don't believe me?



C'mon Son. They made Tsukasa getting off his BIKE look cool. Even the RPM scenes looked so sweet, I would gladly watch the whole freaking thing if they set it all to music like this. (Though to be fair, the main scene there is RPM Red finishing off whatever the PR name of Yogostein is, and that was awesome in Sentai...it can't be messed up.)

Unfortunately, 2010 will be a much more conservative year for Toku, with only Kamen Rider W, Tensou Sentai Goseiger, and W's successor. Well, Tomica Rescue Force Aqua and hopefully Rayforce too, so we'll see. Anyway. Watch this twice. You know you want to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A