2010 Anime...Sanjou!

Wow. Its all late and everything, and here I am typing this update. I should be sleeping, but I noticed other sites were actually getting their Anime Picks things up first, and that's just embarrassing since normally as soon as Chartfag gets his chart up I'm working on the list.



You all will really have to excuse me. The updates have slowed down since I moved, and I apologize. I've been getting used to my new place and its taking some time to mesh the old routines with the new.

Anyway. Winter 2010...first, the chart. You can find the chart here.

Its kinda light on series. ...Even lighter on watchable series.


Seikon no Quasar

What It's About:
The St. Mikhailov Academy student Oribe Mafuyu comes across a mysterious silver haired boy. He is called a Qwsaer, a being that draws power from Soma and is able to manipulate a specific element. And now, in the 21st century, the mystery revolving around an Icon turns the academy into the battlegrounds for the fight between the Qwaser! (MangaUpdates)

Why I'm Interested: I understand the fight's are quite innovative in the element manipulations, for one. For another, the Qwaser regains his power by sucking breast milk. I can't be the only one thinking of the Making the Band Dave Chappelle skit. ("Breeeeeeeeast Milk....you make my daaaaaaaay....) I'll admit, the mention of annoying religious symbolism is setting off warnings, but we'll see how much they keep for the adaptation.

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu




What It's About: The story centers around Akihisa Yoshii, the "baka" of the title. His academy rigidly divides up the student body into classes based on the results of tests. The prodigies are in the A class with reclining seats complete with air conditioning, but Akihisa is in F class, the lowest rung of the school ladder which is furnished only with low, decrepit tables and worn-out straw tatami mats. A girl named Mizuki Himeji is actually one of the smartest girls in Akihisa's sophomore year, but she had a fever on test day and was pigeonholed into the F class. Besides Mizuki (who Akihisa secretly adores), the F class also has Yūji Sakamoto, the class president who has been Akihisa's friend and partner-in-crime since the freshman year.

The school happens to have developed experiments to summon fantasy creatures, and Akihisa decides to rally F class to take on the higher-tiered classes and seize their perks. The F class uses the summoned creatures in an all-out battle for school supremacy. (MAL)

Why I'm Interested: Still a sucker for mage schools, and I'll keep watching until I find some suitably awesome ones. This one sounds potentially entertaining, though I'm not placing any bets on the whole "fantasy creatures battle" thing. Kampfer got me with that once already. (Though really it wasn't bad anyway.) From now I'm not buying the battle thing unless there's at least one fight every episode for the first 3 episodes.

Omamori Himari



What It's About:
Yuuto is your average, high school boy just turned 16. His childhood friend, Rin has taken care of him ever since his parents died when he was younger. All of a sudden, a girl named Himari walks into his life. Himari is a cat-girl samurai who is sworn to protect Yuuto. There's only one small problem: Yuuto is allergic to cats! (MangaUpdates)

Why I'm Interested: I was a really big fan of this manga last year, and though I haven't read it in months, it was quite interesting. Though I'm rather disappointed the plot (which had legs, really) will get smushed into some 13 episode slot filler. Its really only been around to have something like 30+ chapters, so I think it was far too soon to get an anime, but then again as long as the shonen trifecta (OP, Naruto & Bleach) are on, its doubtful they will bother with more long-running series anyway. (Especially when there's also Katekyou Hitman, Meitantei and others on too.) Oh well.


Ladies versus Butlers



What It's About: Hino Akiharu lost his parents when he was small and was adopted into his uncle's family. But he noticed his uncle is after the inheritance of his parents, so he decides to enter a boarding school, Hakureiryou high school. However his delinquent boy-like appearance frightens the girls, who make up the majority of the students. Being unable to get along with the classmates, Akiharu meets his childhood girlfriend Saikyou Tomomi. (MAL)

Why I'm Interested:
Another butler/maid series. If you really wanna know, were this the Spring/Fall, or even a superior Winter season, I would've skipped over a show like this. But pickings are light so far. And the first butler series I saw was KimiAru, which was so freaking win words cannot describe it. So I figure I'll give this one a shot, as the previous experience went so well.

Weiss Survive R



What It's About:
According to the official website, the second season of Weiß Survive was announced to be aired from December 4th. The title is "Weiß Survive R" and it'll collaborate with Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS and Fate/stay night. (MAL)

Why I'm Interested: Haha. I've become a GIGANTIC fan of Nanoha, and though I haven't seen StrikerS yet, I'm reasonably certain its equally amazing to the first two series, so with that said, I'm willing to go back and actually look at Weiss Survive so I can prepare myself for this series. I like card game series to begin with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A