E3 Hopes & Expectations Day 6

Here's where we get into some of the more difficult titles.   Now in this case I'm actually fairly sure this will happen but...I don't even have a name for this one so it looks sketchy.

Level-5 RPG
There's NO CONFIRMATION (or rumor, really) of Rogue Galaxy 2.  This is just the last game I enjoyed from Level-5.

Much as I wish there was, there's no complicated write-up for this.   Basically, last year during a livestream of White Knight Chronicles II, Level 5 CEO Akihiro Hino said they'd be showing off a new Playstation 4 game at this year's E3, and mentioned how he wanted to create a game that could exceed the scale of White Knight Chronicles.  That's, pretty much it as far as hints go.

Now last gen I wasn't really hot on Level-5 as a developer.  Rogue Galaxy was a late-gen present for me when I was still on PS2, but when I graduated to the PS3 I didn't really see any of their games that grabbed my interest--that means for me this could be a miss.  (Though judging by how much people loved Ni no Kuni I doubt it'd be for others.)  But, I'm trying to be hopeful here.

And yes, I'd love for it to be Rogue Galaxy 2--space opera J-RPGs 4 lyfe--but I know better than that.  More than likely, it's a new IP altogether.   Also given Sony's recent friendliness towards fellow Japanese developers, I've got a strong feeling this is a collaboration between the two developers.  If so, the chances of it being a new IP shoot way up.

Chances of Appearance: Plans always change, so not quite 100%, but close enough that I'll be surprised if we don't see it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A

I Read A Ton Of Superman Comics And Wound Up Angry At Man of Steel