Thor, X-Men, and...Uncharted?!

I know that's random, but the VGA's aired several trailers for games releasing next year and I thought I'd post up the ones for games I'll be checking out providing they're any good. Starting with:

Thor: God of Thunder



The graphics are gorgeous, but aside from that, I'm cautious. I like the idea of exploring the realm of Asgard, but unless they put enough detail into it, I'm going to lose interest fast. This brings to mind question 1: Where are the frost giants?

I normally save something I like the most for last, but in this case the lack of information provided by the trailer makes it second most relevant:

X-Men: Destiny



More than the last trailer but mostly filler to keep people from forgetting the game before they can show real footage at E3. I'm still intrigued by the idea of an open-ended superhero RPG, but until someone can tell us a little more, I'm purposely avoiding getting too hyped.

Lastly, a game EVERYONE was already stupidly excited about anyway...

Uncharted 3: Drake's Revenge



They announce these games too far ahead. November 1st, 2011?! That's almost a year from now. Still, that trailer looks sweet. This is pretty much the biggest franchise birthed on a next-gen system though, so it's good to see them take their time.

Plus, now *I* have time to go buy the first two and play them all the way through.

Anyway, I didn't really have much to say about these games, because mostly there isn't much TO say, save hopefully all of these games will be good, and Thor can possibly join the ranks of the few decent movie-based video games.

I'm most looking forward to X-Men: Destiny, since I've always wanted to try open-ended W-RPGs out but up until now most of the ones I knew of didn't catch my interest. I like the idea of being able to join the X-Men, but I hope the "control your destiny" feature runs deeper than that, and you can be apart of different teams of X-Men, and each team involves different story paths.

What does everyone else think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A

I Read A Ton Of Superman Comics And Wound Up Angry At Man of Steel