Song of the Day: Stylistics: Betcha By Golly Wow

I start humming this song around older folks and the first thing I hear is, "Boy what you know about that? That's way before your time!"


...Which, it is. This song was recorded 15 years before I was even BORN. But so what? On the very subject my boy Jamie Foxx got in trouble for--is the music of today, better than the music of yesterday, a lot of people want to say, "Don't you think our parents said the same thing about our music when we were growing up?"

...Yeah, they did. But see, here's what something like the Stylistics proves: It doesn't matter. Good music today, will be good music 30 years from now. Good music of yesteryear is good music NOW. And any REAL fan of music can vibe to good music, no matter what era its from. The Stylistics' Betcha By Golly Wow, Hall and Oates' I Can't Go For That, Warren G's Regulators, Jay Z's 99 Problems--it doesn't matter.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A

I Read A Ton Of Superman Comics And Wound Up Angry At Man of Steel