Movie War! Kamen Rider x Ultraman x Surprise!

Okay, so a long time ago someone told me that I hated movies. There could be some truth in that. After all, it was true that I hated Death Note. But I'm not so sure there was much truth in the rumor I hate rock since More Than A Feeling is on my mental mp3 player as we speak.

I digress. I'm writing this because while I'm normally not one for movies, there are a few coming out in Japan soon that I'm pretty excited for.



Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Double & Decade: Movie War 2010

The last little bit of Kamen Rider Decade, which I've gone in-depth about but my opinion has since changed since watching the full series. Kamen Rider Double & Decade: Movie War 2010 is one giant mega movie that will be split into three different parts:

Kamen Rider Decade: Final Chapter is the true ending to the 775 minute commercial that was Kamen Rider Decade. Hopefully picking up where the series left off, we'll get to see Tsukasa throw down against Super-Shocker, headed up by Eijiro Hikari (Dr. Shinigami) and Narutaki (Colonel Zol...ONORE DEKIDDO!!!). Also apparently Kamen Rider Decade Fury Form, a new Human Wave Tackle (...why? what does Stronger have to do with this??), and Kamen Rider Kivaala.

My feelings on this are mixed excitement and apathy. That doesn't make as much sense as I'd like, but on the whole Decade as a concept really pisses me off, and as execution it inspires...different bodily functions. I'm happy to see the ending, though from what I hear the New Gen Riders that are making their appearance will be from the A.R. worlds. We've been over the problem with that.

The second part of the film (which is the first part of that trailer) involves Kamen Rider Double's opening case. Kamen Rider W: Begin's Night. The smallest glimpse was given of this case in the first episode and its been hinted at since then, but we're still primarily in the dark. All we know is that it will definitely involve Shoutaro Hidari's sempai, Sokichi Narumi, and the mysterious Sonozaki family who's behind all the trouble in Wind City.

Narumi will be also get a chance to be Kamen Rider Skull, who wears a scarf AND a hat, automatically granting him awesome status.

Now, on the whole I've enjoyed W far more than Decade, and with the exception of Narumi the series is possibly my favorite since Kamen Rider Blade. All this means that I'm crazy hyped about seeing Begin's Night, and I only hope this "triple feature" thing doesn't make the film shorter than an hour. (And with the Director's Cut I hope it snags 75 minutes.)

The last part of the film is Movie War 2010, which will see both Decade and Double up against Super Shocker. Fortunately not much is known about this bit, but from what I've seen at some point Shotarou and Phillip will split into W Cylone and W Joker for a Triple Rider Kick with Tsukasa. Automatic awesome.




Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend

You talk to a lot of more experienced Toku fans, and they pole jock Ultraman kinda hard. Its understandable, since Ultra Galaxy Legend is supposed to feature all the previous Ultras thus far with the original voice actors, in a massive crossover movie that will feature the first evil Ultraman.

Personally, kaiju isn't truly my thing, but I always like to try professional crossovers to see what a real writer would do with it given the chance. So while my interest in this movie relies basically on its crossover status, there's still a great chance this movie will be awesome. (And hopefully by the time I see it, I'll be somewhat of an Ultra fan.)

Now, for the main event. The previously mentioned movies, while impressive, have nothing on this next one. Being crossover movies all, they rely on a viewer's pure fanboy/fangirl-ism to garner excitement. And while I love Kamen Rider and am interested in Tokusatsu...its not quite as much as I am in this next one.




Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie ~ Super Fusion! Bonds That Transcend Time ~


Yeah I'm an unabashed Yu-Gi-Oh fan. Before you think to mock me for this, pause and realize you just watched two other trailers involving guys in rubber suits fighting guys in other rubber suits.

Anyway, this is yet another mega-crossover film--taking the heroes of Duel Monsters, GX, and 5D's and pitting them against a new opponent, Paradox, a villain with the power to time travel.

The idea of seeing my boy Yusei teaming up with his slightly less cool predecessor Yugi and Judai makes me giddy each time I think about it.

All these films are a bit off, but that's not as big a deal as the fact that I don't speak Japanese, so I'll have to wait for the DVDs and then the fansub of the rips, so it'll be awhile. (Longer if I choose to wait for Director's Cuts of the first one.)

Still, its something to look forward to. Clustering hopes will become a new shining star! Become the path its light shines upon! Take flight, Stardust Dragon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sage Spoils The Plot: Kamen Rider Decade

The New 52, Corrected: Justice Legion A

I Read A Ton Of Superman Comics And Wound Up Angry At Man of Steel